“The safety of our children is paramount, which is why we worked with a number of organisations to review parking penalties,” said Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight Melinda Pavey.
The changes to legislation will include the loss of two demerit points and a fine of up to $439 for the following parking infringements when they happen inside of a school zone.
- Stopping in an intersection
- Stop within 20m of an intersection (traffic lights)
- Stop within 10m of an intersection (no traffic lights)
- Stop near bicycle crossing lights
- Obstruct access to ramp/path/passageway
- Not parallel park in the direction of travel
- Parallel park close to dividing line